Exciting news…YouTube is moving to One Channel!
So what does it mean to your videos and business? Well as a YouTube Channel Owner the first thing you will notice is that your channel design will change. I bet you’re thinking – but that’s not fair… I just got it all nice looking… there has to be an option to stick with the old design right? Unfortunately not. YouTube will make this change with or without you by the 19th of June 2013.
Here is the good news. YouTube’s new One Channel experience is designed specifically to scale across all devices, this means your channel will effectively have the same features on a laptop as it will on a phone or a TV, allowing you to create, cultivate and engage your community. That sounds good right? But what’s the big idea behind this change? YouTube recognised that the world is looking for a structured place online where people can go to be informed and entertained. More importantly, a place where visitors are instantly familiar with their surroundings, no matter how they arrive or in what form they browse. This change will effectively make YouTube the internet’s ultimate video destination.
Talk me through it in a Nutshell.
- A channel that looks good on ANY device, without having to build different layouts.
- It’s all about subscribers; the more you have the better it will be.
- Loads of cool new features like The Guide”, Browse View”, and new Tags”
- Customised Welcome video for viewers – This is cool! A video that is shown only to new viewers to introduce your channel & brand.
- More Control over how your content is displayed.
- New Channel Trailer lets you highlight your channels value and encourage subscriptions.
But can I still host my videos for free and do everything I did before?
- Yes, absolutely
Will I be penalised if I don’t do anything?
- The only thing that will change is the branding and design. If you don’t do anything YouTube will automatically move you to the new platform and you will either lose your existing branding or YouTube will attempt to migrate some elements of your existing design. Worst case scenario your channel will look ugly or simply generic.
Want to know more? Check out this video from YouTube
Click on the links for some examples of other Youtube users who have already made the switch:
Annoying Orange – click here
Real Madrid – click here