First impressions count right? Well that is certainly the case when thinking about an Explainer video for your website. An Explainer video will often be used on a company homepage, and is the first thing a prospective customer will see and learn about you as a company.
The intention of Explainer video production is firstly to capture your audience’s attention, and secondly, keep them engaged on your website for a longer period of time. So it goes without saying that this needs to be perfect.
Animation videos are powerful tools because they are comprised of both visuals and storytelling to illustrate your message and maintain the audience’s attention. They work well because they show rather than tell – demonstrating is a proven technique to be more effective than simply just telling them. Plus they are fantastic for communicating or explaining a complex message in a simplified way.
Remember the following points to produce results driven Explainer video:
- Keep it short and sweet. A video length of 1-2 minutes is perfect.
- Get straight to the point – capture the audience’s attention in the first 10 seconds.
- Keep the viewer engaged. Address the issue quickly and solve their problem.
- Answer any questions a potential customer may have – the aim is for the viewer to understand exactly what you do or what you can provide by the end of the video.
- Align the video with your brand – putting your own company personality into the video
- Add humour! We are all human at the end of the day and even though your product or service may be corporate, technical or complex – tell the story in a relatable and light hearted way- allow the viewer to engage with your brand.
So what style of animation is best? We will look at some of the different styles in our next blogs. But for now – here are a few examples of recent Explainer videos we have produced and you can see more examples on our website: https://creativa.com.au/explainer-video-production Enjoy!