With the peak recruitment season (January) rapidly approaching it’s time to investigate how to obtain your ‘competitive edge’ in the war on talent. In this article, we want to support you with some great ideas to ensure your company stands out in the pack and attracts the best talent this peak recruitment season.
Before we get into strategy, let’s have a look at the three key influencers that will impact your recruitment plan.
- Job Search/research is primarily MOBILE: In a recent survey performed by Indeed, showed in Australia there is an 85% increase in job searches from December to January and the vast majority of job hunters are on their mobiles. Today, job hunters will use their mobiles to research companies, apply for jobs, seek and share feedback with their peers on social media.
- Huge rise of social media to CAST A WIDER NET – Not using social media recruiting can lead to a great loss of potential hiring volume, as 79% of job seekers are likely to use it for their job search. Moreover, your biggest brand advocates (i.e. existing employees) are more likely to share vacancies on social than any other platform.
- Video Job Descriptions engage and yield (big time!) Did you know that producing video job descriptions increase click-through by 500% and significantly improve attracting appropriately qualified candidates. Moreover, video job ads are 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google search results and can improve a candidate’s understanding of a job description by as much as 300 percent.
These insights all lead to fact that video is one of the best strategies you can utilise in your recruitment campaigns for January. It’s mobile, social-friendly and it gets massive click-through rates. So let’s now turn our attention to the types of recruitment videos you can produce to stand out in the crowd.
Job Description | Aspirational | The application process | Culture/Core Values | Team-Orientated | Mission/Mantra | Virtual Office Tour | Fun | Employee Testimonial
Here are some examples for you to watch to see how other companies have achieved great success with their recruitment videos.
Job Description Example: In this video, an employee talks through what her days look like in the same role.
More proof video job descriptions work:
“Our data shows that candidates spent more than triple (316%) the time on a video job description (2 min. & 54 seconds) than they did on a text job description (55 seconds). And when a candidate plays the video on the job description the user spends an average of 5 minutes & 23 seconds viewing that job (an increase of 487%)”
Aspirational Example: Creativa had the pleasure of working with Deakin University on this project. Who wouldn’t want to come and work at Deakin after watching this video? It showcases everything great about living and working in Melbourne.
Application Process – Interviewing at Shopify: What to Expect
The best recruitment videos tell real stories, are perceived as authentic and create an emotional connection with the viewer. Here are some key features of what makes a great recruitment video.
- – Strong Imagery
- – Slick Transitions
- – Great music
- – Enthusiastic, engaged employees work great as presenters (or puppets)
- – Less than 2 minutes in length
- – Two versions, one for social with subtitles
- – Easily linked to recruitment site/applications page
- – Easily sharable with their friends, family, and colleagues.
- – Maintain brand integrity.
A great recruitment video is more than talking your amazing office, free food, and cool benefits. It’s about relationships with your colleagues and your customers and how employees feel at the end of each and every workday. If you can capture fun, emotion and authenticity, like some of the videos we’ve shared here, then your recruitment in January promises to be a huge success.
If you’re unsure or would like guidance with the production of your recruitment videos, then please don’t hesitate to contact Creativa for a chat.
Here are more examples we loved and thought we’d share with you too.
Culture Video: ZenDesk: This is a traditional culture video with a bit of twist as they highlight the company’s unique strengths through a special brand of offbeat humor.
Team Orientated Video – Apple Recruiting
Fun & Mission combined – Shopify
Testimonial Videos – Google Recruiting
Why work at Dropbox